Soby IT, Inc.
Welcome. Our transition from a social group of IT professionals to a corporate entity is complete.
- What is Soby IT?
- Soby IT is about employment retention and continuity. We work with our clients to lower the cost of existing employees.
- How many employees do you have?
- Unlike a traditional company, we operate more of a union. We encourage our clients to hire our employees as contractors or as W2/statutory employees. At any time we have between 1 and 10 W2/statutory employees, but continue to train those hired by clients.
- How do you make money?
- Each Soby employee negotiates their own revenue stream with clients, they pay their own expenses through that revenue (training, hardware, tools, etc.).
Clients enjoy a very small markup on software and hardware when utilizing our employees. The markup we charge is enough to pay for company expenses, lab equipment, software licenses, and most training materials. We just don't need much to run this type of company.
- What do you sell?
- Labor, VMware Software, Server Hardware, Parts. All based on direct business needs to the benefit of our clients and as a value add for keeping our employees busy.
- What do you do?
- Think of the tasks that never get done because your employees are too busy maintaining day to day operations. Most of the time the task would be a complete black holes for time. We've just found a knack for fixing problems and training your employees to implement our solutions and methods. Unlike a consultant who then leaves you with a new "baby elephant" of knowledge, we then turn around and help to maintain the knowledge going forward and step in anytime we're needed.
- Are you consultants?
- No, we actually do the work too.
- What happens if you get hit by a bus?
- Your employees already know what we know... they just didn't have the time to figure it out during their normal work day.
- How do you stay in business if you train our employees to do your job?
- Since 1992, we haven't solved the same problem twice. With every job, the client has some business specific need that changes the solution.